- Dr. Alice & Dr.Grace
Benefits of Epsom Salt Baths!
Are you taking advantage of using Epsom salt during your baths?
Epsom salt is essentially a mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate, and despite sharing a name and similar appearance, it is completely different from table salt. Epsom salt has a long history of benefits for health, wellness, and beauty! Due to its many therapeutic benefits, it has been used anciently as a natural remedy to soothe and ease sore muscles, but it doesn’t end there! Let’s explore the top 7 ways Epsom salt can benefit your body!
1. Relaxation – adding Epsom salt to a hot bath will help to relax your body as it soaks through your skin, promoting relaxation and sleep, as well as reducing anxiety and stress!
2. Reduce muscle pain – magnesium is universally known to relax the muscle, hence reducing pain, inflammation, cramps, and tension in the muscles and joints.
3. Improve circulation – As the smooth muscles relax and open up, it regulates blood pressure and also steadies the heart rhythm. It is also shown to prevent preeclampsia and other cardiovascular diseases.
4. Detox – the sulfate component helps to flush the toxins, including heavy metals, out of our body and cleanse the liver.
5. Healthy hair – Used in equal parts with a hair conditioner, Epsom salt can be used as a hair mask to improve hair texture, improve volume, absorb excess oil, and exfoliate your scalp! Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse out your hair to see the magic!
6. Blood sugar regulation – the magnesium and sulfate that is contained in the Epsom salt assist with the production of insulin in your body.
7. Constipation – it has been FDA approved as a treatment for constipation, if taken orally.
So how do you use it?
It’s easy to find Epsom salt at many supermarkets and drugstores, and it is also very affordable. Just pour 2 cups of Epsom into a tub of warm water, add a few drops of lavender essential oil and baking soda, and enjoy a night of relaxation!
#healthtips #epsomsalt #epsomsaltbaths #welllness #benefits #magnesium #relaxation #detox #naturopathicmedicine #naturopath