8 Natural Treatments for Nerve Pain
DO YOU HAVE NERVE DAMAGE AND EXPERIENCE NUMBNESS, TINGLING, WEAKNESS, OR PAIN IN YOUR BODY? HERE ARE SOME NATURAL VITAMINS AND NUTRIENTS THAT HELP RESTORE HEALTH TO YOUR DAMAGED NERVES!
1. Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA): A powerful antioxidant, it destroys free radicals that damage nerve cells. It also works to repair the damaged cells.
2. Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR): ALCAR reduces neuropathy symptoms, especially pain, and improve nerve fiber regeneration, as well as vibration perception. It corrects proper conduction and flaring of nerve signals, as well as decrease the signaling of inflammation to the nerves.
3. B12: When deficient in vitamin B12, your homocysteine levels rise. Homocysteine will then cause degeneration of your nerves. B12 directly helps with nerve pain by promoting regeneration of injured nerves, and improve the speed of your nerve conduction.
4. Folic Acid: Folic acid is crucial for protection against depression, cognitive decline, epilepsy, neuropathy, and Alzheimer’s. Just like vitamin B12, folic acid deficiency will raise your homocysteine levels, which then cause neurodegeneration.
5. B6: Vitamin B6 helps in the production of neurotransmitters, the little molecules that act as links between nerve cells. It is often used to treat nerve compression injuries such as Carpal Tunnel syndrome or Sciatica.
6. Fish Oil: Fish oil, particularly omega 3 fatty acids in them, speeds up recovery from nerve injury. It only alleviate neural pain, but it also reduces nerve swelling from the nerve injuries.
7. Magnesium: Magnesium is well known for it’s role in muscle pain (it makes muscles relax), however it also sooth irritated nerves. It does this by binding to NMDA receptors, which prevents it from getting activated by other triggers that stimulate your nerve cells unnecessarily. The more the NMDA receptors are blocked, the less neuropathy you will have.
8. Benfotiamine: Benfotiamine is a relative of thiamine (Vitamin B1) and is found in a variety of foods such as legumes, nuts, seeds, grains, pasta, rice, flour, and fish. It is highly effective in treating neuropathy that arises from diabetes. It also protects further nerve damage from sugar, preventing Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Are you suffering from nerve pain and would like to try some of these natural remedies out? Have questions on the dosages or which supplement to take? Contact us and consult with Dr. Alice!
#nervepain #sciatica #carpaltunnelsyndrome #healthtip #wellness #healing #naturopathicmedicine #naturalmedicine #naturopath #naturalcure #naturalremedy #supplement #neuropathy #magnesium #folicacid #carnitine #vitaminb6 #ala #vitaminb12